Are you a film buff? Do you enjoy sharing your love for movies with others? Do you dream of going to the Venice Film Festival?
27 TIMES CINEMA will turn one lucky participant's dream into reality!
27 TIMES CINEMA* invites 27 young European filmgoers (one participant per member state of the European Union) to attend the 2021 Venice Film Festival (September 1 - 11 2021) as Jury Members of the Giornate degli Autori selection.
Nicolai Biograf was invited to be part of the selection process of candidates for 27 Ambassadors in each European country. Nicolai Biograf will choose only three candidates fulfilling the following criteria:
Who can participate?
- Regular moviegoers, passionate about cinema, aged between 18 - 25 years
- Good knowledge of English (written and spoken) to actively take part in the discussions about the films with film professionals
- Good communicators active on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Snapchat)
- Good writing skills (articles and blogs)
- With aptitude for podcasting, blogging, vlogging, video editing, photography or any other communication skill that will allow the candidate to be actively involved in a communication campaign
How to participate?
1. Make a video selfie in which you explain what cinema is to you. Start the video saying “Cinema for me is…” and then develop your argumentation.
This video will help us see how the you express yourself in English and your ability to “talk” about cinema. High quality and creativity are required!
Take a look to the Europa Cinemas’ Vimeo channel to check out previous year’s examples.
- Shoot it in English
- In high resolution (Full HD: 1920x1080 px) and with an excellent audio recording, in a well lit room/with a well-lit background
- Duration: 30 seconds
- The video should contain the following information: Name and country of origin
2. Fill and send the online application form. Download the application and send it with the video.
Send the video and application via Wetransfer to email@example.com - DEADLINE FOR PARTICIPATING: MAY 20
We will select three applicants. Europa Cinemas together with the LUX Prize and the Giornate degli Autori will conclude the selection of the 27 Ambassadors.
What happens if you’re selected?
You become the Ambassador of Denmark and Nicolai Biograf at Venice Film Festival. You should commit yourself to:
- Being present in Venice before the start of the festival, from Tuesday 31th August to Sunday 12th September 2021 (festival dates: 1-11 September)
- Being a jury member for the films competing for the Giornate degli Autori. A festival accreditation (giving priority access to screenings of the Giornate degli Autori) will be provided
- Taking part in round-table discussions, masterclasses and workshops focused on improving their communication skills as influencer so that they could be actively involved in raising awareness of the LUX Audience Award
- Contributing with content to the Europa Cinemas website and social networks
- Promote and spread the word about the new LUX Audience Award after the festival using the knowledge and skills learned in Venice in their own networks and social media community
- Attend events organized in the frame of the LUX Audience Award (mainly January-May of the following year) and helping with promotional and follow-up communication
- Be available to participate in the LUX Selection panel meeting for LUX Audience Award 2022 edition, which takes place usually between June-September (1-2 days) – (if selected).
The European Parliament will cover the costs of accommodation and travel for each participant for the whole duration of the event (13 days), while Europa Cinemas will take care of your daily allowance and Giornate will be in charge of the organization and the festival accreditation.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity!
*Co-organised by the European Parliament, the LUX Audience Award, the Giornate degli Autori and Europa Cinemas, 27 Times Cinema aims to promote shared values and cultural diversity through cinema among young people.
For further information about this initiative please visit: