Are you a film buff? Do you enjoy sharing your love for movies with others? Do you dream of going to the Venice Film Festival?
27 TIMES CINEMA will turn one lucky participant's dream into reality!
27 TIMES CINEMA* invites 27 young European filmgoers (one participant per member state of the European Union) to attend the 2020 Venice Film Festival (September 1st - 13th 2020) as Jury Members of the Giornate degli Autori selection.
Nicolai Biograf was invited to be part of the selection process of candidates for 27 Ambassadors in each European country. Nicolai Biograf will choose only three candidates fulfilling the following criteria:
Who can participate?
- Film lovers aged between 18 and 25 years
- Excellent English skills (reading, written and spoken) to take part in the discussions around the films with film professionals
- Active on either Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat
- Good ability to write articles and blogs
- With aptitude in either podcasting, blogging, video editing, photographing or any other communication tool that could help in building up at communication campaign
How to participate?
1. Make a video selfie in which you explain what cinema is to you. Start the video saying “Cinema for me is…” and then develop your argumentation.
Take a look to the Europa Cinemas’ Vimeo channel to check out previous year’s examples.
- Shoot it in English
- In high resolution (Full HD: 1920x1080 px) and with an excellent audio recording
- Duration: 30 seconds
- The video should contain the following information: Name and country of origin
2. Fill and send the online application form. Download the application and send it with the video.
Send the video and application via Wetransfer to email@example.com - DEADLINE FOR PARTICIPATING: MAY 31
We will select three applicants. Europa Cinemas together with the LUX Prize and the Giornate degli Autori will conclude the selection of the 27 Ambassadors.
What happens if you’re selected?
You become the Ambassador of Denmark and Nicolai Biograf at Venice Film Festival. You should commit yourself to:
- Be present in Venice before the start of the festival from Tuesday 1st of September to Sunday 13th September 2020 (festival dates: September 2nd - 12th)
- Be a Jury Member for the films competing for the Giornate degli Autori. A festival accreditation (giving priority access to screenings of the Giornate degli Autori) will be provided
- Take part in round tables, discussions, masterclasses and workshops focused on improving their communication skills as influencer and social animator so that they could be actively involved in raising the awareness on the new LUX audience award
- Contribute to Europa Cinemas’ website and social networks
- Use the following months after the festival to promote and spread the new LUX Prize - European Audience Film Award using the tools learned in Venice and their own capacity in terms of networking and established web community
- Participate in events organized in the frame of the LUX Prize - European Audience Film Award (mainly January-May of the following year).
The European Parliament will cover the costs of accommodation and travel for each participant for the whole duration of the event (13 days) while Europa Cinemas will take care of their per diem and Giornate will take care of the organization and accreditation.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity!
*Co-organized with the LUX Prize (European Parliament) and Giornate degli Autori for 10 years now, this great initiative will turn the dream of 27 young European moviegoers to attend the Venice Film Festival into reality! They will constitute the Giornate degli Autori Jury and award a Prize to the best film of this dynamic and diverse selection. Moreover, as of this autumn they will be actively involved in promoting a new LUX Prize European Audience film award by the European Parliament and the European Film Academy.
For further information about this initiative please visit: